Two Danish utility companies have received fines of DKK 8 million in total for implementing a notifiable merger in 2012 without filing the compulsory merger notification. The case is an obvious reminder of how important it is to focus on competition rules in connection with mergers, acquisitions, sell-offs, joint ventures and similar transactions – also within the utility sector. (more…)
- A preliminary reference by the Portuguese Competition Court: (Un)lawful apprehension of emails in antitrust proceedings?
- Joint bids by bus companies found to be illegal horizontal cooperation in Finland
- Czech NCA fines Austrian furniture retailer for breach of commitments tied to a concentration
- New powers of the European Commission to control the concentration of undertakings in connection with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2022/2560 on subsidies distorting the internal market
- Curia of Hungary put end to debated case-law issue – not meeting administrative deadlines by the competition authority does not prevent undertakings under investigation from being fined
No comments to show.