It has been said in the past that the European state aid rules do not apply to the sports sector. Wrongly so. In recent years, the European Commission (Commission) in particular has clearly shown that the sports sector must also take account of state aid. Reason enough for the Antitrust Alliance to describe the relevant rules.
- A preliminary reference by the Portuguese Competition Court: (Un)lawful apprehension of emails in antitrust proceedings?
- Joint bids by bus companies found to be illegal horizontal cooperation in Finland
- Czech NCA fines Austrian furniture retailer for breach of commitments tied to a concentration
- New powers of the European Commission to control the concentration of undertakings in connection with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2022/2560 on subsidies distorting the internal market
- Curia of Hungary put end to debated case-law issue – not meeting administrative deadlines by the competition authority does not prevent undertakings under investigation from being fined
No comments to show.